Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Mark

I just went to a conference in Atlanta called Passion. While I was there, the speaker, Louie Giglio, asked the same question that Professor DeBorde asked us today: “What mark do you want to leave behind?” My answer is, I do not really know what mark I want to leave behind.

The basic “Christian” answer is that I want people to remember me as someone who followed after Christ whole-heartedly and who’s first priority was to love His people just as He has loved me. I would like everyone who I come in contact with to be affected in some way. And that when I pass, they can say, “She pushed me and challenged me in who I am and in my relationship with Christ.” I want to be the one who asked the hard questions but did it in a loving way.

I guess I want my mark to be one that continues long after I am gone. Just as Emily Dickinson’s poems are still being read by generations, I would like my life to have the same impact. In that, generations after me are thinking, questioning, pushing and living out their faith. Kind of like the domino effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment