Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hills Like White Elephants Creative Post

Jig,

I see the struggle. I hear the struggle in your voice. Listening to what you and the American are talking about is heartbreaking. I see the push and the pull like a game of tug of war. Honey, the world will always be there to explore but this, this may never happen again. The risks are high for this kind of procedure; there are no guarantees. Do what you want; thoroughly think through every aspect of this decision. One thing I ask is to not take into account the American. He doesn't sound like he's ready for the next chapter in life. On the train ride to wherever you're going. sit, think, listen, and reason. That's all I ask.

Sincerely,
Overhearer

1 comment:

  1. I think your best sentence was where you suggested to the woman not to listen to what the American had to say but to think things through herself because, ultimately, the decision would be impacting her life more than his.

    ReplyDelete